Plugin-based auth/transport (WAS: SSH transport)

Zeeshan Ali zeenix at gstreamer.net
Fri Mar 2 04:02:55 PST 2007

Hey Thiago!

On 3/2/07, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> Zeeshan Ali wrote:
> >Although i am myself not sure if it's a good idea or not and I got
> >mixed opinions from irc channel so I am writing to the ML to get more
> >suggestions/opinions/criticism.
>
> If you want to define a plugin-based transport mechanism, you'll need to
> define the ABI too: what methods one is allowed to use in the plugin and
> which structures it must export so that libdbus-1 can load it.

   Of course! I would imagine it to be not very different from the
implementations we have already, for example, an entry point for a
transport plugin could be 'dbus_transport_open_PLUGINNAME'. Also there
will be a need for exporting the DBusTransport and DBusAuth structures
and some (or all) of their API.  But i'll know better when i actually
do it.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali