winDBus authentication stage

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Mar 2 12:36:35 PST 2007

Havoc Pennington schrieb:

> Ralf Habacker wrote:
>> My personally next step would be to add cmake support to dbus cvs so
>> that others are able to compile dbus on windows if there are no
>> objectivies. How to proceed ?
>
> What's involved? If it's just adding some makefiles go for it. If it
> involves patching existing files, then describe more or post a patch
> so we can see what it involves...
There are mainly three parts.
1. Adding Makefile.am like cmake relates build system definitions. We
have placed all into one additional directory named cmake to avoid
pollution of other source dir. See
http://windbus.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/windbus/trunk/cmake/

2. Add windows only files to dbus cvs -> see *-win.* in
http://windbus.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/windbus/trunk/dbus/
http://windbus.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/windbus/trunk/bus

3. Merge in patches of files in dbus cvs -> this is probably the hardest
part because they may partiala not be conform to dbus programming rules
> see
http://windbus.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/windbus/trunk/DBus-win32.patch?revision=568&view=markup

Ralf