<listen> element of the configuration file

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sun Mar 11 10:05:41 PDT 2007

Ralf Habacker wrote:
>> Otherwise the patch looks fine to me, thanks to both of you.
> Where should this new feature be documented ?  In bus/dbus-daemon.1.in ?

The only doc I see right now on the address format is the empty section
in the spec that says FIXME.

A dbus-daemon man page section on the common addresses to listen on
seems sensible. Also, writing the spec section seems sensible.

> If yes, this let me come to a generic win32 doc question:  Man pages
> does not make really sense on win32 (except cygwin, which is unix too).
> They require special formatter to read to it would be nice to have
> another format(ter). Are there any plans or hints in this area ?

We convert them to html to put on the web site (see update-dbus-docs.sh
script), we could perhaps do that for windows too and include the man
html with the package, or you could just write up an html file
documenting windows-specific stuff and put it online if you don't think
the docs need to be kept locally on the user's system.

Or if you know how to do the windows help system stuff, that's possible
too...

I think just having people go to www.freedesktop.org is probably fine
for Windows, since there's no expectation of a "man" system