Fwd: Re: just what is a Tube? (was: demarshalling messages)

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Tue Mar 27 10:21:58 PDT 2007

On Saturday 24 March 2007 14:47, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> I thought the part about collaborating applications (examples mentioned are
> AbiWord and Inkscape) might be interesting for you folks as well.

I've been having some discussions about how to set up a communications
protocol between different wordprocessors and different bibliographic
software with the OOo people. (Mathias Bauer specifically).
We kind of hit a dead end in that their idea was that DBUs was not mature
enough and that UNU (the OOo IPC layer) would be a much better choice.

I (as a KWord developer) very much like to see this happening, and I surely
will put my backing to any way we can make both collaboration and
bibliographic software communicate over dbus. (its much the same thing,
really)
Even though there are still quite some problems getting dbus stable on
Windows.

Thanks for your efforts there!
--
Thomas Zander