Using corba IDL to describe DBus services ?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Mar 28 10:25:41 PDT 2007

Jacques Guillou wrote:
>The only thing you can do is to define a method which
>takes a structure as a parameter, but you can't give this structure a
> name that the stub generators will use to generate a C struct or a java
> class. Is that right ?

You only generate a struct or class if it isn't already part of the
system. For instance, a QPoint will map to (ii), but there's no need to
define QPoint at each header file.

In fact, since "defining the struct in each header" seems to be pointless,
we just need the name of such type. And since the name is
binding-dependent, we have chosen in Qt to use a com.trolltech.*
annotation to hold it.

I see no need or point in sharing that annotation. I doubt any non-Qt
program would be interested in calling their rectangle structures QRect.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358