dbus questions

buhochileno at gmail.com buhochileno at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 18:13:43 PST 2007

Hi to all:

I' m a little confuse about the diferent technics applied to dbus and
the diferent wrappers versions, I'm interest in add distributed
characteristic to a robotics studio for a C#/mono that I'm building
(something like visual robotics), this proyect allready have a 3D world
designer, world code generator and other tools, and I nee to be sure
about certain things about dbus and related technologies:
First related to dbus:
1.- Can I pass messages between a native (unmanaged code) C/C++ process
to others C/C++ process and/or managed C# process?.
2.- The "object path" can be a URL from intranet or internet?
3.- is possible to use dbus on windows, any time sone?

..related to the wrappers:
4.- dbus-mono, dbus-sharp and NDesk.dbus are the same (they have
diferent version numbers)?
5.- if I use dbus-sharp, dbus-mono or ndesk-dbus can I attach method to
a C/C++ -> dbus message?, and viceversa?

where can I find a tutorial about this technics hopfully with examples?
in advance, thanks you very much

Mauricio