[patch] Make dbus-launch always (if possible) save session information in X11

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Nov 23 02:04:05 PST 2007

Em Tuesday 20 November 2007 07:49:37 Thiago Macieira escreveu:
> >- are you sure we didn't do this autolaunch-only on purpose?
> >   it doesn't seem like we'd have done this accidentally.
> >   it might be worth going through the archived discussion.
> >- it would be good if Thiago could review this before commit
> >- this code (before you touched it also) is very, very confusing to me
> >   for some reason - not sure if it's all the many dbus-launch modes or
> >   what... ;-)
>
> I will review it later today.

Where "today" is a few days later.

Sorry about that.

Patch looks ok to me. I think it addresses the most common use-cases.

I'd also argue for replacing the non-default --autolaunch with a
non-default --no-reuse. That way, the default behaviour would be to reuse a
bus if one is running. Those special cases that require a new bus would use
the flag to do it.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358