where is dbus 1.2 ?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 15:52:55 PST 2007

Hi,

Sergey Struzh wrote:
> So now my question is whether it was thought through already or when (if
> ever) you're planning to do so? Is it your roadmap?

Not right now. What I mean by "thought through" is for example, I don't
know why you would want a bus daemon that allowed anonymous access. So
step one in thinking it through is to describe (on this list) some of
the use-cases. Then we could talk about how to add the feature (which
would presumably be pretty simple, just have the bus daemon call
set_allow_anonymous() if ANONYMOUS is one of the auth mechanisms, or
something).

If the feature appears useful and we talk about how to add it, the
remaining step would be for a volunteer to write a patch (which should
be a very simple patch).

For the system and session bus, I don't know why ANONYMOUS would be
useful - so I am guessing you are using the bus daemon for some other
custom purpose, with a custom config file?