using dbus in the platform

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 11:55:38 PDT 2007

Hi,

Some patch review as promised -

Simon McVittie wrote:
 > /* in dbus-errors.h */
 > #define DBUS_ERROR_INITIALIZER { NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, NULL }
 >
 > /* in user code */
 > DBusError error = DBUS_ERROR_INITIALIZER;

This looks fine to me (though one of those 0 should be TRUE, to be the
same as dbus_error_init()). Also it might be nice to call it
DBUS_ERROR_INIT, since GLib has G_STATIC_MUTEX_INIT and so forth, and we
may as well be consistent with something.

 > + * @returns #FALSE if an error (#DBUS_ERROR_NO_MEMORY or
 > + *    #DBUS_ERROR_ADDRESS_IN_USE) is reported

It would be slightly nicer to introduce a new
DBUS_ERROR_OBJECT_PATH_IN_USE I think - there's no cost to having
additional error names.

> +      if (error != NULL)
> +        _DBUS_SET_OOM (error);

_DBUS_SET_OOM already includes the check for NULL (via set_error_const)

> -                                                            void                        *user_data);
> +                                                            void                        *user_data,
> +                                                            DBusError          *error);

Nudge that arg over to line up with the other one ;-)