Nano-X with dbus?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 09:21:18 PDT 2007

Hi,

Trilok Soni wrote:

> We also want to have one layer of application management software
> in-between the main GUI app and other apps mentioned above to handle
> inter-process communication. I was thinking of using dbus, instead of
> developing that management software layer to handle just IPC, but is
> it feasible to use dbus with Nano-X? Anybody used it before OR will it
> bring lot of dependencies?

dbus has essentially no tie-in to X, so there should not be an issue.
You can use dbus with no X server at all.

The dependencies for the reference implementation of dbus are just "an
xml parser" (to parse the config files). We usually use expat but it's
easy to make it use any parser you like with a little coding.