Detectin mainloop integration

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 14:08:55 PDT 2007

Hi,

Some minor patch comments.

It would be better to avoid listing dbus-1.pc twice, so

if HAVE_GLIB
GLIB_PC_FILES=dbus-glib-main-1.pc
else
GLIB_PC_FILES=
fi

pkgconfig_DATA=dbus-1.pc $(GLIB_PC_FILES)

This doesn't look right (should be = xno, right?):

+if test x$enable_glib = xyes; then
+	have_glib=no
+fi

There's a large diff at the end of configure (where it prints all the
settings), I am not sure what changed here? Just whitespace?

The HAVE_GLIB in dbus-glib-main/Makefile.am seems to cover only half the
file in an arbitrary way. I don't remember how this is normally done -
you may be able to just HAVE_GLIB the SUBDIRS in the toplevel Makefile.
Then avoid it in the glib Makefile.

The g_error("Integrating two different contexts not supported") should
be a g_warning I think. The out-of-memory case is correctly g_error()

dbus-glib-main is a pretty long directory name, I think simply "glib"
would be nicer.

Is there an accompanying patch to make dbus-glib use this when
available? It would be good to be sure the maintainers of dbus-glib are
OK with that since stuff will break otherwise.

Needs a ChangeLog entry, of course, before commit.

Thanks!