MemoryError in D-Bus Python bindings

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sun Oct 28 08:12:49 PDT 2007

Hi,

Sebastian Pölsterl wrote:

> I'm the maintainer of GNOME Deskbar-Applet. Recently, more and more bugs
>  [1][2] appear in bugzilla that say something about memory error or not
> enough memory in D-Bus.
> I was wondering if you could tell me when such errors are likely to
> appear. Unfortunately, the stacktraces aren't helpful.

Well, in theory they appear only when there is not enough memory. A
simple possible explanation might be passing in some unintentionally
huge array size or something like that. Or it could be a bug in libdbus,
of course, but I don't know of one that would cause this. If you could
somehow figure out which C function was reporting out of memory, it
would be helpful.