Ownership of DBusGProxyCall ?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 07:28:30 PDT 2007

Hi,

On 9/6/07, Matt Hoosier <matt.hoosier at gmail.com> wrote:
> What are you supposed to do with this thing if you don't intend to
> cancel the method call or synchronously block for the finish of it?

You have to do one of those in order to free it, in the current API.
cancel() doesn't not send the call, though. It just says "I don't care
about the reply." So it is effectively just a free function. (There's
no way to "take back" a sent message.)

The docs are a bit better on dbus_pending_call_cancel() (which is the
underlying code) while they are a bit too sketchy for
dbus_g_proxy_cancel_call(), sorry about that.