Detectin mainloop integration

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 09:05:11 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 09:43 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Anyway, if you really need your own integration, you have to either
> support whatever a GNOME app would expect, or use a private
> connection.

I don't really need my own integration, at least for the standandard
connection that I use for async calls. However, there are some issues
that made me do it:

1) dbus-glib is api unstable
2) dbus-glib also contains a huge chunk of other code (object mapping)
   which I don't need. Especially at this low level in the stack.
3) I had some special technical needs for the integration (that I don't
   remember the details of now). This isn't actually needed for
   the default session bus connection, so I could use the dbus-glib
   integration for that.
4) I looked at the dbus-glib mainloop integration code and it looked a
   bit iffy. Unfortunately I don't remember the details...