dbus-c++ and Ecore integration

Andreas Volz lists at brachttal.net
Sun Aug 3 04:33:00 PDT 2008

Hello,

I think Dbus is a great way to communicate between desktop
applications. Currently I need it in my OISP (Open Infotainment Service
Provider) prototype. This needs a Dbus binding that integrates with
Ecore. There’s the e_dbus in the Enlightenment CVS, but it doesn’t fit
into my C++ design with eflpp.

Because of that reason I started to enhance the existing, dbus-c++
library with a Ecore integration. I would like to give back my
modifications into the GIT repo on freedesktop.org, but Paolo Durante
didn’t apply my patches until now. I think it’s because he’s busy with
other activities.

So I started a new GIT repo on gitorious.org. Currently a temporary
solution for get forward.

Don’t forget to add –enable-ecore as configure parameter to enable the
Ecore integration. There’s a new ecore example application beside the
source.

I would be happy to get some feedback or help with dbus-c++.

There's one big problem if I send signals to fast the communication
stops and I need to kill my application. I had no time to hunt for that
bug. Probably it's because the Ecore integration is really "raw" at the
moment.

I also started to added some documentation for the dbus-c++ API.

http://andreasvolz.wordpress.com/2008/08/02/dbus-c-and-ecore-integration/

http://gitorious.org/projects/dbus-cplusplus

regards
Andreas