Issues while using DBUS over TCP

Havoc Pennington hp at pobox.com
Wed Aug 6 10:03:00 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Schmottlach, Glenn
<GSchmott at harmanbecker.com> wrote:
> The DBUS documentation on authentication (<auth>) is a little sketchy when
> it comes to ANONYMOUS authentication. Originally, I specified every form of
> authentication I would allow. What I found out is that the order in which
> these are listed is VERY important (and contrary to what the dbus-daemon
> documentation seems to indicate).

The way it should work is that if one auth mechanism fails, the others
are attempted.

If this isn't working then there's a bug of some kind. The order in
the config file should at most change the order in which the
mechanisms are attempted (not sure if it even does that).