D BUS

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Fri Aug 22 05:53:49 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 11:36 +0000, DEEPESH SINGH wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> i have a general query for all can we use D BUS for mobile platform if
> yes then how.
>
> deepesh

Yes, the OLPC and maemo platforms use D-Bus extensively and I have heard
it is being used for gates at a train station. The base library is very
simple and small.  You would use it the same way you use D-Bus anywhere.
If you need less overhead you can opt to not install the bus and instead
use the library to do direct communications between processes.