D BUS for real time application

Madison Kelly linux at alteeve.com
Tue Aug 26 16:37:49 PDT 2008

DEEPESH SINGH wrote:

> Dear all ,
>
> I m using DBUS for linux desktop application for P2P communication also
> i want to use it for real time application event handling which i feel
> requires a little change because it is not designed for the real time
> application.
>
> Is the way i m thinking is correct or i m loosing some points if anybody
> feels that it is not posible or requires a lot of change pls let me know
> how we can make it compatible for the real time system.
>
> According to my research i have seen that people are coming up with
> there solutions in different consortium like LIMO .
>
> PLZ send your valuable thought if any.
>
> Regards,
>
> Deepesh

Hello, Deepesh.

How do you define "real time"? By 'communication', do you mean between
humans? D-Bus is designed to be low latency, but not high bandwidth. If
your messages are short, you should be fine.

Can you give more details on how your program works? Specifically, what
do you hope to accomplish by introducing D-Bus?

Madi