DBus threading question

Schmottlach, Glenn glenn.schmottlach at harman.com
Thu Dec 11 12:43:05 PST 2008

So for those "uninteresting" messages that the worker thread queues while it's waiting for a specific reply, who ends up dispatching those . . . the "main" dispatch loop?

Also, since the worker thread locks out the signal dispatch (main) thread while it's waiting for a reply, would it be advantageous to have each thread own its own connection object so there would be no contention on the lock? In this case, would the DBus library actually allow you to create two truly separate connection objects even though they're connecting to the same service (e.g. does it try to share the connection objects)?