register bash script as dbus object

Александр Лавриненко lavrinenko_alex at mail.ru
Fri Dec 12 01:38:01 PST 2008

В сообщении от Пятница 12 декабря 2008 Thiago Macieira написал(a):
> On Friday 12 December 2008 07:12:01 Александр Лавриненко wrote:
> > The problem is that this
> > daemon app needs to be written as bash script.
>
> Why are you imposing this requirement?
Well, bash is also good for writing daemons. At least i have some for my
needs. Instead of rewriting them in C i tried to add dbus functionality but
failed to find a way.

Moreover, for some simple tasks one can write bash script that is called on
demand and register it with dbus - but there's no way currently as i see.

All i found on the Net is how to interact with dbus from client's side:
http://foss-boss.blogspot.com/2008/11/ride-d-bus-control-your-linux-desktop.html
but i'm not sure is this the rignt way.

Please advise.

Best regards,