Abstract namespace connections (Connection refused)

@4u fd4u at vplace.de
Thu Feb 14 14:18:22 PST 2008

Thanks for your quick reply :)

What does the D-BUS do? Does it append NUL bytes?

If a C programmer finds this line:

memcpy(unix_addr->sun_path, xparam->inputs.name, xparam->inputs.namelen);

Does it mean that NUL bytes are their or not?

Context:

#ifdef AF_UNIX
static inline int parse_unix_address(php_stream_xport_param *xparam,
struct sockaddr_un *unix_addr TSRMLS_DC)
{
	memset(unix_addr, 0, sizeof(*unix_addr));
	unix_addr->sun_family = AF_UNIX;

	/* we need to be binary safe on systems that support an abstract
	 * namespace */
	if (xparam->inputs.namelen >= sizeof(unix_addr->sun_path)) {
		/* On linux, when the path begins with a NUL byte we are
		 * referring to an abstract namespace.  In theory we should
		 * allow an extra byte below, since we don't need the NULL.
		 * BUT, to get into this branch of code, the name is too long,
		 * so we don't care. */
		xparam->inputs.namelen = sizeof(unix_addr->sun_path) - 1;
	}

	memcpy(unix_addr->sun_path, xparam->inputs.name, xparam->inputs.namelen);

	return 1;
}
#endif