DBus-GLib 0.76 released

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Jun 5 12:54:00 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've kicked DBus-GLib 0.76 out the door.  For details on the release see
this link:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/DBusBindings#head-5c181965b57f235a8ccc3339dc27d74afd853c07
(copy/pasted NEWS below)

By far the most important fix is #15430 - distributors, please pick this up.

One thing I want to note for everyone contributing to dbus-glib: the HACKING
file is now updated with
some more useful information.  In particular, there is now a plea to
*please* extend the test suite when adding patches.

Also I think the Cairo-style even-stable odd-development versioning makes
sense so let's go with that.

D-Bus GLib Bindings 0.76 (05 Jun 2008)
==

Thanks to Dan Williams, David Zeuthen, Kimmo Hämäläinen,
Ross Burton, William Jon McCann, Colin Walters, Brian Cameron,
Peter O'Gorman, Peter Kjellerstedt, Christian Persch,
Rob Taylor and others for their contributions in this release.

Critical fixes:

 - #15430: ABI now guaranteed frozen
 - #8607: Fix broken introspection XML
 - #16079: Return an error on unknown property Get
 - #10834: Fix error handling in dbus_g_proxy_end_call_internal

Other notable fixes:

 - #11672: Fixes for /bin/sh as dash
 - #11675: Fixes for non-gcc compilers
 - #10668: Correctly detect path to dbus-daemon
 - #12849, #12857: Memory leak fixes
 - New function to specify default timeout for calls on proxy
 - Implement org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.GetAll
 - Require DBus 1.1