DBus problem

Keir keirlawson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 16:46:33 PDT 2008

Hello,

I appreciate this inst the best place to ask about what is probably a
distro-specific problem, however I seem to be one of the only people
experiencing this problem, and it appears to be entirely to do with
dbus.  I am currrently running Ubuntu Linux 8.04 64 bit, and many dbus
related applications fail to function.  For example attempting to
launch bluetooth-properties produces the following error:

keir at squall:~$ bluetooth-properties
Connecting to system bus failed: The maximum number of active
connections for UID 1000 has been reached
keir at squall:~$

Banshee fails to launch also complaining about dbus:

keir at squall:~$ banshee
[Warn  00:45:08.807] DBus support could not be started. Disabling for
this session.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could go about
debugging/fixing this problem? I dont really know where to begin.

Cheers

Keir Lawson