Configuring and building dbus-glib for cross-compile

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 22:32:03 PDT 2008

2008/6/16 Soh Kam Yung <sohkamyung at gmail.com>:
> The build is *almost* done now.  What I would like to know is how to
> tell configure not to run the tests which will, obviously, fail in a
> cross-platform environment.

Not if you use more than just a separate buildroot as the method of
cross-compiling. ;)

Scratchbox[1] for example fools the configure script to think it's
building natively and runs the tests under qemu or on the target
hardware through remote execution. It's a bit heavyweight for small
projects (scratchbox2 fixes this, but is less mature), but if you
compile a whole stack of software (say, from busybox to X.org and
GTK+) it's priceless. Imagine doing what you are doing now to a few
hundred packages by hand...

OE and other similar tools are probably a bit more lightweight to take
into use, but using whatever cross-compiling tool fits your needs is
really recommended.

[1] http://scratchbox.org

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi