Extended introspection

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Tue Jun 17 08:54:34 PDT 2008

On Tue Jun 17 17:23, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> The way I dealt with this issue in QtDBus was to require an annotation
> specifying which type the argument is, if it's not one of the basic types
> (basic types are the one-letter types, plus "as" [QStringList] and "ay"
> [QByteArray]).

Whereas, I decided I didn't like this practice of adding annotations to
the XML for specific implementations (people shouldn't have to edit
XML). The code for building java interfaces from introspection will
create you a class for each struct and use that in the types. It also
defaults to one type of array/list/etc, even though you can use several.

The programmer can the tweak the generated files if they want to. In
fact, the API is so simple that you can write most of the stubs by hand.
It's certainly easier than writing the XML by hand.

Matt

--
www.matthew.ath.cx
D-Bus Java