Extended introspection

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Tue Jun 17 16:17:14 PDT 2008

Am Dienstag 17 Juni 2008 18:50:58 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> On Tuesday 17 June 2008 18:01:04 Thorvald Natvig wrote:
> > It just seems odd that we can name the functions and the parameters, but
> > not struct members. If I redefine the above into:
>
> It's very simple: D-Bus Introspection is about the wire transport, not the
> semantics. It doesn't have to contain function names.
>
> The semantic is added on top of that.

So, what's the recommended way to document the semantics then? It hardly makes
sense seperatly bookkeeping your documents apart from the interface. The dbus
introspection format is seriously limiting for documentation and we'll see
all kind of different proprietary extensions coming up.

Do we care?

--
:M: