D-BUS PHP Binding

@4u fd4u at vplace.de
Wed Jun 18 05:30:29 PDT 2008

Hi,

Arnel Labarda schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I attached the php extension for skype source im using right now..

Sorry but there was no attachment ;).

> it
> can send messages to my skype contacts
> but it always shows this errors..
>
>     /Warning: Mitteilung: CHATMESSAGE
>     #yoshix86/$josephine.napari;e75bb81ba09f3252
>     -=-=-=-=-=-TEST-=-=-=-=-=- in
>     /home/aqlx86/www-dev/dev/scheduler/cron/send_skype.php on line 7/
>     /ALERT - canary mismatch on efree() - heap overflow detected
>     (attacker 'REMOTE_ADDR not set', file
>     '/home/aqlx86/www-dev/dev/scheduler/cron/send_skype.php', line 7)/

Sounds like a PHP bug which has been (maybe) resolved in PHP 5.3. [1][2]
Not sure what it means with REMOTE_ADDR and "attacker" thought.

> it works when executed in command line but in cron its not working it
> says *could not connect to dbus* i think it needs some modification in
> the source but i dont know much in C language.

Please make sure that you run the cron job as the same user as Skype is
running. Looks like there is a parameter [3] called "--use-system-dbus"
to let Skype use the System Bus.

I'm not sure what is written in C?!?

> I trying to create a skype notification so php script check mysql db for
> new logs/events then sends it to my contact thats i want it to run in
> cron but its working T_T
>
> thanks,
> [snip]

Best regards