[PATCH] dbus-glib patches
david at fubar.dk
Mon Mar 17 10:13:54 PDT 2008
On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 10:06 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 5:05 PM, David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk> wrote:
> > Hey,
> > Here's a few simple patches for dbus-glib.
> > The first one is trivial, we just bump the version number.
> > The second one is needed if you want to use the generated client glue
> > and you have operations that lasts longer than the default timeout.
> As Rob said I think we generally want to point people away from
> increasing the timeouts, and it's worth mentioning something to this
> effect in the docstring. But there are cases where it's useful, so
> let's add this.
> > The third patch exports the recently added (to the spec) GetAll() method
> > call on the org.fd.DBus.Properties interface.
> Looks good.
I've pushed these changes with this doc addition.
* This is useful for long-running operations that takes longer than
* the default timeout (which is a on the order of magnitude of tens
* of seconds). For some applications, consider using a pattern where
* the method returns once the operation is underway
* (e.g. immediately) and emits a signal when the operation terminates
* (though beware of leaking information with/in the signal return value).
Thanks Colin and Rob for the review!
More information about the dbus