Is it possible that a service object gets a notification when a client closes dbus connection?

Huang Peng phuang at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 03:21:08 PDT 2008

Hi dbus hackers,

I want to develop a service object in the SessionBus. This object wants
to track which clients are reference it. Is it possible that the service
object get a notification when a client's connection is closed. I know
clients can call a remote function (like unref()) of my service object
to let the service object know a client will be closed. But if the
client exits abnormally (like segment fault), how service object know
it? Anybody know how to meet this requirement with dbus?

Thanks,
Huang Peng