uuid not getting generated until after install

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Mon May 12 12:19:57 PDT 2008

Hi,

>  But, why should gconftool be trying to use the _session_ bus from
>  %post anyway?
--makefile-install-rule doesn't use gconfd to talk to the database,
but it does ask any running gconfd's to shutdown.

>  So maybe gconftool can just be rearranged
>  not to touch dbus if it isn't going to talk to gconfd.
That's basically what the patch I just commited does:

+        /* if the bus isn't running and we don't want to start gconfd then
+         * we don't want to autolaunch the bus either, so bail early.
+         */
+        if (g_getenv ("DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS") == NULL &&
!start_if_not_found) {
+                if (failure_log)
+                    g_string_append_printf (failure_log,
+                                            _("Not running within
active session"));
+                return NULL;
+

--Ray