Using DBus Daemon with TCP and ANONYMOUS authorization

Havoc Pennington hp at pobox.com
Mon Nov 17 07:52:56 PST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Schmottlach, Glenn
<GSchmott at harmanbecker.com> wrote:
> I removed the "EXTERNAL" authentication tag from the session.conf file
> (with only "ANONYMOUS" remaining). Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to
> have any effect. Here's the stack trace:
>
> 11 _dbus_read_credentials_socket() ..\..\dbus\dbus-sysdeps-unix.c:1140
> 0x080816dc

It may just always read the credentials, but then not use them. Does
this actually cause a problem? If things don't work, are you sure it
isn't some other problem?

> Can you suggest where I might set a breakpoint to see whether or not the
> ANONYMOUS authentication is being tried? Where does it loop through the
> configured mechanisms looking for one that works?

Somewhere in dbus-auth.c iirc, though I haven't looked in a couple of
years. It should be pretty simple to find.