Blocking behavior of synchronous calls

Schmottlach, Glenn GSchmott at harmanbecker.com
Fri Nov 21 10:25:56 PST 2008

So, this binding (dbind) wouldn't be suitable for regular use, correct?

Thus far, I've been a bit put-off by the Glib binding due to (at least
initially) the apparent complexity of all the Glib/GObject related
scaffolding etc...

I'm investigating using DBUS on an resource constrained embedded
platform (running QNX) where most of the developers have no experience
with Glib. The DBUS C++ binding looked nice (fairly clean and compact)
but it appears to be incomplete (e.g. no asynchronous calls, or
generated asynchronous service stubs). Would you care to offer any
recommendations for a thin/lightweight DBus binding (short of using the
lower level library directly)?