DBus for embedded systems

Lionel Landwerlin lionel.landwerlin at openwide.fr
Wed Oct 8 02:46:16 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I would to embed DBus on a 12Mb flash root filesystem, but even when
configuring dbus with :

./configure --disable-userdb-cache --disable-kqueue --disable-inotify
--disable-dnotify --disable-libaudit --disable-selinux
--disable-abstract-sockets --disable-xml-docs --disable-checks
--disable-tests --disable-verbose-mode --disable-doxygen-docs
--disable-gcov --disable-dependency-tracking --without-x
--host=sh4-linux

and stripping libdbus.so and dbus-daemon,

I still get :

$ du -h ./dbus/.libs/libdbus-1.so.3.4.0
220K	./dbus/.libs/libdbus-1.so.3.4.0

$ du -h ./bus/dbus-daemon
264K ./bus/dbus-daemon

And that does not even include libexpat.

Is there a plan to configure dbus more precisly ?

For example :
- I only need a systemwide daemon, is there a plan to desactivate code
used for --session ?
- selinux is still compiled in dbus-daemon even with --disable-selinux,
is it really necessary ?

Regards,

--
Lionel Landwerlin <lionel.landwerlin at openwide.fr>