ya question on cross compiling. was: RE: [Patch] Fixing signed vs. unsigned char* warnings

Markku Savela msa at moth.iki.fi
Wed Sep 3 03:16:10 PDT 2008

Well, as a matter of data point. A while back I told about modifying
the ubuntu version of Dbus daemon for a support of testing group of
the client process dynamically.

I tested the patched version on my hardy heron, but I *also*
cross-compiled it (with SELINUX disabled) for Nokia N800 and copied it
there over the existing dbus daemon. Seemed to work without
problems. (using Maemo 4.1 Diablo SDK).

[Note: the debian package for the daemon didn't install properly on
N800 due to many assumptions it makes in the install scripts -- it
just expects and tries to do too much IMHO]