call for advice (is dbus ok for me ?)

sfora dim sfora.dim at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 22:17:04 PDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
>>Is there a technical problem in sending a method-reply message for the
>>same serial number more than once or is it just ugly ?
>
> It's just not possible.
>
> Even if the daemon doesn't reject the second reply, the library will have
> discarded the information on your callback after the first reply came.

Why is that ?

It can be quite helpful actually to be able to send multiple replies
to the same method call.

It can save the hussle of registering a client callback in with the
dbus service - the client will only register the callback locally, and
every time it will receive a reply to the same serial number it will
invoke the callback. The dbus service side will also be minimal - it
will only need to send a reply to the same serial number every time it
will have to invoke the client callback..

Or did I miss something and there is a much better way to implement that ?

Thank you,
Sfora