DBus in a local network

KHOA NGUYEN qa_tridang at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 01:35:57 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'd like to know if it is a heavy load (for example, to modify application code, ...) to make my application work in DBus / TCP.
I wrote it in API-Low-Level Dbus (C language). It works well at present in a machine, but not in the multi-host environment.
Have you an idea of this ?

Best regards

VyDaMan

Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:22:00 -0700From: g.p.washburn at gmail.comTo: qa_tridang at hotmail.com; dbus at lists.freedesktop.orgSubject: Re: DBus in a local network
If you are using the reference implementation of DBus for a dbus-daemon you also need to patch the daemon to permit anonymous connections.There was  a patch posted a little while back on this list.  If you dig around in the archives you'll find it.I don't have the source code with me at the moment otherwise I'd post it.It works great for low-bandwidth  API based RPC over the network.  Security considerations aside of course.G.P.