Where is the documentation

Mihail Kotelnikov dbus-list at fox-info.fox.perm.ru
Fri Sep 19 01:39:18 PDT 2008

Hello.

I tried to write dbus-powered application about three years ago. I've not
found any documentation except short function/data types reference.
Some days ago i've returned to this problem. And what i see? After three years
of development project's documentation stays on the same level. In particular,
there is no documentation conforming to the status of the project (linux
message bus standard i mean). Function reference IS NOT a documentation. There
is no complete examples (sorry, but sleep(1) IS NOT example of a working main
loop), best practice explanation and so on. You suggest to use higher level
bindings, but it's documentation is worse than documentation of the raw API.
Yes, i can to bury myself in the dbus code, function reference and pieces of
third-party half-working examples and write a [half-]working code. But it
isn't the best way to write stable and efficient application for a production use.

Sorry for my english.

--
best regards,
Mihail Kotelnikov                                       mailto:fox at fox.perm.ru