Restriction in naming a signal

KHOA NGUYEN qa_tridang at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 22 14:00:33 PDT 2008

Hello,

I have a problem when I name the signal with a string containing some characters like "_" or "-". For example:

msg = dbus_message_new_signal ("/com/enterp/dep", "com.enter.dep", "ab_cd");

The signal named "ab_cd" is rejected by this error:

process 8380: arguments to dbus_message_new_signal() were incorrect, assertion "_dbus_check_is_valid_member (name)" failed in file dbus-message.c line 1163.This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
But I need absolutely these special characters "-", "_", ...in naming the signals for my application.

Do you have an idea about an solution for this ?
Thank you and bests regards

Vydaman

Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger  Get it now!