Restriction in naming a signal

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 11:39:53 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 00:18 +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Monday 22 September 2008 23:00:33 KHOA NGUYEN wrote:
> > But I need absolutely these special characters "-", "_", ...in naming the
> > signals for my application.
> > Do you have an idea about an solution for this ?
>
> No.
>
> It's too late to change now. The dash and the underscore characters are not
> allowed in member names.

Underscores are allowed in the spec:

Member Names

* Must only contain the ASCII characters "[A-Z][a-z][0-9]_" and may not
begin with a digit.

The general solution is to change all special characters to underscores.
If underscores are not working for you make sure your editor is
outputting ASCII underscores and not some similar looking UTF-8
character.