[announce] dbus4win

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Tue Apr 21 04:26:05 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:04:10AM +0200, Marc Mutz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to announce that we at KDAB are working on 'dbus4win', which we like
> to think of as a re-unification of the freedesktop.org GIT tree and the
> windbus.sf.net SVN tree. To this end, we already spent some time to graft the
> SVN tree onto the git tree (windbus-svn branch).
>
> There are three areas we are currently focusing on:
> 1. cleaning up the SVN history (dbus4win branch)
>    This is an attempt to rebase the remaining diff between the SVN tree and
>    dbus-1.2 onto dbus-1.2, preserving the windbus history where possible.
> 2. Make dbus cross-compile with mingw (xcompile branch)
>    This is needed for the gpg4win (www.gpg4win.org), and Kontact-on-Windows
>    projects, as well as for all the reasons mentioned in
>    http://lwn.net/Articles/307732/

This is great news. For the Fedora mingw32 SIG, we've got a package of
the current windbus code building under Mingw32, but it is a bad hack[1].
We would much prefer to be able to build the official released dbus
tar.gz under mingw without any patching required and so look forward to
trying the results of your work when its ready...

Daniel

[1] http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-misc.cgi/fedora-mingw--devel/file/tip/dbus/mingw32-dbus.spec

--
|: http://berrange.com/     -o-    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange/ :|