[announce] dbus4win

Ole André Vadla Ravnås oleavr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 10:01:21 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Ole André Vadla Ravnås
<oleavr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Frank Osterfeld <frank at kdab.net> wrote:
>> On Monday 27 April 2009 22:00:30 you wrote:
>>
>>> Awesome! I've also been doing some hacking on top of D-Bus trunk to
>>> get it running on Windows, although it's been about 5 weeks since I
>>> started on it and I still haven't had time to finish it up. I've
>>> pushed my changes to:
>>>
>>> git://people.freedesktop.org/~oleavr/dbus
>>>
>>> It's a work in progress and I'm planning on fixing up the commits a
>>> bit and do some rebasing once I find some time to hack on it again,
>>> but just thought I'd let you know in case some bits could be useful
>>> and avoid duplication of efforts.
>>
>> Good stuff, I will probably pick at least some of your commits and add it to
>> our dbus4win branch. Which Windows/MSVC version are you using?
>
> Cool!  I've been using MSVS 2008/MSVC 15 on Windows XP.

I forgot to mention that I'm doing this as part of OAH Build:
https://launchpad.net/oah
Which basically integrates pkg-config with Visual Studio.

I've got a bazaar branch that wraps the git repository already
mentioned and just adds the Visual Studio project files, at:
https://code.launchpad.net/~oleavr/+junk/dbus
The project files aren't finished yet though, so far libdbus and
dbus-daemon get built, but I haven't gotten around to actually running
the binaries.

Cheers,
Ole André