future of at_console

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Wed Aug 5 19:25:39 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 04:15, Lennart Poettering<mzqohf at 0pointer.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 05.08.09 21:51, Matthias Clasen (matthias.clasen at gmail.com) wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Lennart Poettering<mzqohf at 0pointer.de> wrote:
>>

>> > I expected sudo would use it on fedora, but it doesn't. So that's at
>> > least something.
>>
>> Haven't we just made hal use it again ? I know, hal is going away, but
>> maybe we should wait for it to be gone before we pull the at_console
>> stuff ?
>
> Hmm, I thought HAL would be using polkit everywhere?
>
> David?

It wasn't ported to the new polkit, but PolicyKit support was disabled.

Porting HAL to simple polkit calls to accomplish the same thing as the
current "dumb" at_console in the D-Bus config, would be possible I
guess. It should not be the reason to keep at_console around if we
otherwise can get rid of it, I think.

Kay