dbus-daemon with cyrus-sasl?

Ryan Saunders jediry01 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 10 12:42:11 PDT 2009

Hi Martin,

I've got a mostly-working patch (against DBus 1.2.4, IIRC) that integrates Cyrus SASL. I haven't submitted it yet, because (a) I don't think the integration is quite correct, for some of the more complicated protocols (e.g., kerberos), and (b) it needs some unit tests.

Summer life's been really busy lately, so this has been kinda stalled on my end. I have some reasonable hope that September will afford me some more time to work on this. If you're just curious, then wait a few months. If you're anxious to have this, I can send you my patch, and you can play with it.

________________________________

Hi list,

I had a look at the authentication part of the specification and
there it says that it is a SASL profile. So, has there been any
attempt to build dbus-daemon with a SASL library? AFAIK there is
cyrus-sasl.

That would make things like DBus over TCP somewhat easier than the
current hoops one needs to jump through with CookieSHA1:
  http://github.com/pangdudu/ruby-dbus/blob/5dbe6c520cb103df451c296f51e364bb20119f73/README.rdoc
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner