Status of dbus-python

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Thu Aug 13 10:00:24 PDT 2009

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 at 15:11:46 +0200, Soeren Apel wrote:
> With that I'd like to ask what can be done to improve this situation and
> provide an opportunity for further development.

As you can see, I haven't had much (any) time for dbus-python for about a year;
the other projects I'm working on (mainly Telepathy) soak up a lot of
development time, and I'm no longer focusing on anything that directly uses
dbus-python.

You or anyone else would be welcome to help with triaging bugs, providing
patches, pre-reviewing patches, or feature development; Bugzilla is the best
place to start with that. I'd be more than willing to hand over to a new
maintainer who'd proved their ability and interest by contributing (that's
how I took over maintenance from J5, after all).

    Simon