DBus Java method call?

Arigead captain.deadly at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 10:13:48 PST 2009

Hello all,
    I've been looking whatever info I can find on Java DBus such as the
API [1] and the High Level Documentation mentioned in the DBus Java Page
[2].

Basically that High Level Documentation gives an example of an
asynchronous call as:

DBusAsyncReply<Boolean> stuffreply =
   conn.callMethodAsync(remoteObject, "methodname", arg1, arg2);

But I can't find that "callMethodAsync" method in the API Documentation
[1]. I simply want to call a Dbus method defined by RhythmBox and ignore
any response. Actually I don't think it has any response.

Could anybody suggest the API methods for Java DBus which achieve this?

Thanks a million for any help

[1] http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-java/api/
[2] http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-java/