Dbus 1.2.4 not working correctly

Cliff McDiarmid cliffhanger at gardener.com
Sun Feb 22 13:55:36 PST 2009

Hi

I've had problems with Networkmanager and have tracked the failure down to Dbus-1.2.4.  There's something wrong with the D-Bus service
activation process on the system.  If I issue a command like:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant /fi/epitest/hostap/WPASupplicant fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant.getInterface string:wlan0

I get:

Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Launch helper exited with unknown return code 0

Dbus was compiled from source and I can't see what I could have done wrong.  I might have upgraded in the past from 1.0.2, could this cause the problem?

thanks

MAC

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!