expat minimum version requirement

Andrew Sherk ASherk at qnx.com
Mon Jan 5 08:45:48 PST 2009

Hi there,

I can't find documentation describing which version of expat is required
by D-Bus.  When I run ./configure --with-xml=expat I get an error on the
XML_ParserCreate_MM check.

I've commented out the responsible if statement in configure in order to
finish the configure script.  While compiling the D-Bus source, all is
well until I hit an undefined reference to XML_ParserCreate_MM.

What version of libexpat is required by D-BUS?  I suspect I am using
version 1.95.8 or earlier.

Also, if I run configure to let the XML parser be set to libxml, I get a
warning:

"WARNING: You have chosen to use libxml as your xml parser however this
code path is not maintained by the D-Bus developers and if it breaks you
get to keep the pieces..."

Why is the code path for expat maintained but not libxml?

Thank you,
a.s.