calling method from java dbus to glib binding

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Sun Jan 25 23:56:24 PST 2009

On Sun Jan 25 23:13, aribhat wrote:

> hello,
> We have a library which is written in C and currently java servlet calls
> methods of that C library via JNI.
>
> 1. We want to replace  that JNI call by Java binding of dbus so that in the
> client side we will use java and in server side (of dbus)  we will  use glib
> binding which will actually wrap C library function.
>
> 2. Java servlet will be in one computer and it will talk to glib part via
> tcp transport.
>
> As I am new to dbus,  not very sure about how to do it or whether this is
> possible at all.  Please point me to some sample code, documentation where I
> can find more about those above two mentioned problem.

It's certainly possible. Dbus-java comes with documentation and
examples. In order to talk between the computers you have to run a bus
daemon in tcp mode. The only tricky thing is authentication. Either you
need to run it in anonymous, no auth mode, or have shared home
directories.

Matt

--
www.matthew.ath.cx