where are conf files?

wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Jan 28 04:50:50 PST 2009

Hello hello!

When I start the DBUS daemon on my machine, I get the following
warning three times:

Unknown username "root" in message bus configuration file

What I'm wondering is: where is the configuration file this is coming
from?  Some background:

* I've set up my system with a superuser whose name is not root.
* grep tells me that the string "root" does not appear in any file
under the /etc/dbus-1 directory
* I've also checked that all of the occurrences of "include" in
/etc/dbus-1 also point to files within /etc/dbus-1
* The daemon-starting script boils down to "dbus-daemon --system"; in
particular, there is no --config-file command-line option appended.

Any clues?  Are there other locations for configuration files?  Can
the warning be coming from something other than one of dbus'
configuration files?  I would be happy to provide any relevant
information that I left out, of course.

Thanks for any tips!
~d