notification of disconnect?

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Jul 30 05:59:35 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Eugene
Gorodinsky<e.gorodinsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all. I'm writing a client-server application where the server needs
> to be aware of the clients currently running. Is there a way to make
> dbus send a signal to my server when a certain application has lost
> connection to dbus?

Each process connected to the bus has a "unique name", and the bus
will send you notifications (NameOwnerChanged) when those names appear
or disappear.  A pattern used by some programs like bluetooth is the
"agent" pattern where the client sends a "Register" message with its
unique name, then the server monitors that client and sends messages
directly to it.